Wednesday, November 15, 2006

First Scarf

This is my WIP scarf I'm knitting for my sister:
It's on sz. 15 needles, in paton's Divine. It's in moss stitch and drop stitch. I dig this whole drop stitch thing because it makes the scarf longer faster. I don't have the patience to do garter or knit stitch every row.

It occured to me today that it's probably a bit odd that since learning to knit, I've made a sweater (even though it was small), coin purse, big purse, several hats, mittens, and 1.6 socks and I'm just now getting around to making a scarf. Aren't you supposed to learn how to knit with scarves?
I feel a smidge better because I don't think the Yarn Harlot's first project was a scarf either. Anyone else? What was your first knitting project?

6 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

Sweet scarf! I like the color.

Unknown said...

My first project was a practice scarf. I did rip it out. I then proceeded to make a Vest.

Carissa B said...

Sassy! You didn't answer the question. (thanks for happy thoughts about my scarf, though)
PS - when are you officially joining this group?

Sassy Sundry said...

Deepest apologies. My first project was a scarf.

I will join soon! I promise (I need something to show you all).

Stephieface said...

My first project was a pouch.

pins&needles said...

My first project was a crappy mitten I did myself, but ended up unraveling. So, then I did a scarf. I was young and very DIY and wanted to be pattern independent. Still am, except I follow patterns now.