Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Turtleneck Shrug Progress

Thank the Gods, Christmas is officially over. It's stressful at times. I did have a lot of fun too. I can now move on to non-Xmas knitting projects.

Here is one project that I have been slowly working on for the past two weeks. It's the Turtleneck Shrug, by Teva Durham. The pattern is from the Scarf Style book. If anyone else wishes to make one too.

The photo shows the progress I have made, so far, on the first sleeve. I have made it to the 15 inches mark. Whew! I was using double pointed needles in the beginning, to knit the sleeve. I recently switched to small circular needles and it goes much faster, and easier. I think knitting on something that large, with dpn's, becomes a bit tedious for me.

I will also add that yellow is one of my least favorite colors. For some reason, I am loving the yellow. Maybe it's the darker time of year and my need for brightness? I think the yellow is very pretty. The yarn and color are LB Wool Ease in "buttercup."

The blue-ish hank of yarn was gifted to me by a good friend. I am considering making another one of my felted Vintage Girl Cloche's with a pink flower. We'll see...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas and survived the family. LOL!

No comments: