Monday, November 20, 2006

holiday help, please . . .

Okay, so I am looking for some help! I have 5 employees and I want to knit something for them for christmas - I was going to do the same hat for all of them in different colors, now I am starting to second guess myself. It is the hat in the photo in orange/pink and blue. The low down on the hats are no matter what - they are made of Blue Sky Alpaca and in addition to their bonus. So here are the options:
1. they all get the same hat in different colors
2. they all get a hat but there will be two or three hat patterns and all different colors

Thanks for your opinions . . .

6 comments:

Lana said...

Well, I don't think it would matter to the recipients. But my personal opinion...I get sort of bored with one pattern. I would change it up, just for me, the knitter. LOL! But I think the hats are cute and anyone would love them as a gift.

DAWN said...

I agree with Lana. They will love whatever they get for sure.

Carissa Marie said...

I think that the same hat in different colors would be cool unless your employees each have a unique style....then I would consider custom-choosing a hat for them. Whatever you decide, though, I think it's awesome you're knitting hats for your employees!

nana said...

Lana has a point. You could get bored knitting the same hat, but then again knitting the same pattern has its perks, no deciding who gets what color with what pattern and so on... IMHO the orangy/pink hat and blue one in the pic look great and different enough to do all of them that pattern.

ImpulsiveKnitter said...

I think the same pattern but different colours cause i think you could come up with some great combinations and after five hats you won't need to read the pattern you will be a pro you could also tell them it is part of their new uniform for work :op . so the job mite go quicker but i think carissa has a point if they have different personailties you can afford to try something different for each one.

sunneshine said...

Thanks for the help ladies!! I am off to knit - I will post when they are all done!