Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Fake Isle Hat

I have completed my Fake Isle Hat in two days. I am feeling rather pleased with it. I am not a huge fan of making complicated color knitting. It's tedious for me. It's nice to know that I can make a fair isle hat, at least. I made this hat to challenge myself a little.


Specs on the hat:
The yarns used are Lionbrand Wool Ease in fisherman (off-white) and one skein of Noro Kureyon in the # 153 colorway. The original pattern used black for the CC color. I decided to use the off-white, mainly to be different. I like it. The effect is very nice. Oh yes, I used US # 6 circular and double pointed needles to make the hat, as the pattern called for.


I LOVE this hat...

6 comments:

Stephermay said...

I love this hat too! I just figured out Fair Isle, so I might need to give this one a go...

DAWN said...

Ooooo, Aaaaaa! that is awesome! I love the white background it is very Scandinavian looking that way. I have the yarn and the pattern printed off for this hat and everytime I see it I love it more. How does it fit?

Unknown said...

It fits pretty good. I made the larger size ( I wear a 21-22" hat) So, I made the larger size, but shortened the top by about 4 rounds. When you are suppose to make 4 rounds of the same area/color (in between decreases) I took a row out and only did 3 rounds in between decreases.

Sam said...

I love the colours on the band. Top hat!

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

I looks awesome Lana!!!

BEESTLYproducts said...

sweeeeeeeet! you're so good!