Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Knitters satchel...

Ya'll may have seen this type of bag at Knit Picks. The "Go Knit" bag. I really wanted one but I was not thrilled with the color choices. So I made my own. The finished dimensions are around
13 inches high and about 11 across. Nice and roomy but not so big it looks dorktastic hanging from your handbag or hip. The great patch on the front was from a tote bag I ordered awhile back from Cafe Press. Can you imagine the kick ass patches you could put on these babies??

So I chopped up the tote and sewed the patch on. The lining is a silky chocolate with kanji style writing and the outside it a silky upholstery type fabric. We'll see how well it wears being drug around. I think it will be fine though...Dont forget to add your grommet to the top for your drawstring knit pouch before sewing it all up and I used a black shoe lace for the tie...I laced both ends through a black wooden bead and then separated them and knotted two more beads at the tips. It cinches shut nice and tight. Then add a grommeted hang tab to the back and add a snap hook and you are really to roll. Just clip it to your handbag or jeans tab and your golden. ;0)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your bag. It kicks ass!

Shadkitty said...

This bag rocks SO hard! I bow down before your skills.

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

I love your bag!! Too freaking cool!!!

bettyboopta2 said...

Freaken awesome. Love it.

Z said...

MMMM Black Knitting Bag