Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ipod Shuffle Cozy

Hello All! I'm Plain Jane Parker and I'm new to the blog. I thought I would share my latest creation just in case anyone found it pointless to try to find a pattern for this online.


Well, the three oldest of our girls are getting Ipod shuffles for christmas this year. Since the little protective sleeves for them are so expensive I decided to knit them cozies instead. First I looked on the net for a pattern, but no one had a pattern for ipod cozies for the shuffle, only the larger and more expensive ones. So I created one myself. It can be knit in the round on 4 size 2 US dpns or back and forth on size 2 straights. I used red heart super saver yarns in varigated colors, but any worsted weight will do.


On Straights
Body
Cast on 24 sts. work k2, p2 rib for 3.5-4 inches..depending on your preference.
Bind off


fold in half and sew side seams.


Next...cast on two stitches work in st st until 2 inches.


Bind off.


Sew to top of cozy as loop for button.


Handle


Cast on 2 stitches. Work in st st until 5 inches, more if preferred.


Bind off.


Sew onto cozy....Add Button of your choice and weave in ends...enjoy!


To make in the round cast on 48 stitches instead of 24. Work in k2, p2 rib until 2 inches....Cast off.


Sew bottom seam.


Make up the rest of the way the same as for the straight needles.


Here's a picture of one of mine for reference. I hope you all enjoy and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Mouse said...

Seriously cute! What a great idea~