Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cropped Raglan Sweater # 1

I have completed the first Cropped Raglan Sweater. WOO HOO! This one is for my youngest daughter, Hannah. She loves it and is already wearing it around the house, refusing to take it off.

Specs on the sweater:

The sweater is "based" on a free Lion Brand pattern. (search on their site for Cropped Raglan Sweater) The reason for my non-linking of the pattern. You have to be a member of the Lion Brand website to view it. Sign up, it's free.

Anyways...I used 2 and 1/2 skeins of Moda Dea's Sassy Stripes in the color # 6946 Crush. I used US # 6 circular needles, despite the entire piece being knitting "flat." The only part that was "connected in the round" were the sleeves. I used needles and yarn two sizes smaller than the pattern called for, since it was an adult pattern and I needed the chest to be 28-30 inches, a kids large. The entire project, from beginning to end, took me a bit over a week.

Here is Miss Han, sporting the new sweater. She likes it! Han is looking more grown up every day. She not my baby anymore. Sometimes I still think of her as little. I forget she is now 11 and getting older. She begins Junior High this comng fall. EEEEK!

Now, I have to cast on for Tae's raglan, I am refering to it as "Cropped Raglan # 2. She is getting the exact same sweater, just with the actual needles and gauge that the smallest size calls for in the pattern. Same sweater, just on US # 8 needles and worsted weight yarn. I am already moaning on having to knit this sweater all over again. Not that it's hard, or anything...I am just one of those people that knits with a pattern and then masters it and moves on. I promised though...I must.

9 comments:

sunneshine said...

The sweater is beautiful as is your daughter!! I love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love it too and it looks great in your girl!!

:)

Selana said...

the sweater looks great and even better on your daughter...

And I know what you mean about knitting the same thing twice, I even hate knitting socks because you have to knit the same thing twice...

pins&needles said...

I love how that sweater looks on her. I don't like knitting the samme thing twice either.

Turtle said...

Oh bummer ! I can't view the pic for some reason. I just finished this sweater last week also. ( 4 skeins lambs pride worsted in peacock) I would have loved to see yours as well!

Unknown said...

I am going to re-upload the pics. I think blogger ate them...LOL!

Turtle said...

now i can see it! Adorable...both the model and the creation.

Anonymous said...

what a great pattern for a kid. My 6 year old would dig this sweater. I just need to figure out how to resize it to size 7 for her. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Ri'! How adorable is that!