Sunday, April 15, 2007

Melbourne maddness

What happens when work sends you to another state in their capital city to our clients site for 3 weeks. You get put into a 1 bedroom apartment all on your own each night after work and weekends in a strange place where you have very little idea how to get around. Firstly make sure your knitting is packed in the suitcase as suitable entertainment for yourself and that you buy plenty of good chocolate and biscuits to have tea or hot chocolate with as you sit and knit thing that could be seen as insane.


I knitted my Stormy Seas socks that I had hand dyed for me. The are just a basic sock pattern and helped fill in the mornings before leaving for work.

By night using Soysilk Infinity and 2mm needles I knitted the Estonian Garden Lace scarf and tweaked it with more of the lily of the valley repeats as I loved them so much. It got a special display place this weekend at our SnB exhibition.

More about my other adventures in the strange city are on my blog I got both of these finished and then came home for easter with a good chunk of my ISE 4 scarf done. But now it has been knitted then occasionally it gets muddled with the grey matter and needs a slight frogging exercise. So it is also time for me to try and get things made for an up coming sale in a few weeks time.

No comments: