Monday, January 22, 2007

Spreading the gospel of knitting

I went back to my hometown to see my best friend this weekend and she has seen some of my knitting. She loves the lace up gloves I made her that I found on Spiral's blog and the hats I made for her kids. So she started asking me how to knit. I was very excited that she asked and I showed her how. Here's a pic of her first attempt to do a slipknot.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She got upset with me because she's not wearing makeup in this picture. Also, I converted a crocheter. She looks very excited in this picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a picture of the latest hat that I did for the excited friend (which she says that she finds knitting soothing). I don't usually like Yarn Bee brand yarn, but this one is cool looking. The yarn is called Mosaic and the color is called blue lagoon. You can't see the shiny, metallic threading spun into it, but it's there and if anyone gets a chance to look at it, they should. Photobucket's being a pain, therefore the picture's not doing the hat any justice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always fun to teach newbies to knit. It's fun and it's a binding experience. Yay for new knitters!

Love the hat too.

sunneshine said...

the hat is cute!! and good job for spreading the word - its so fun to have people you enjoy knitting with, even if it is long distance!

bettyboopta2 said...

Great enough to add new knitters to the list, but to convert a crocheter is well, something wonderful.
Now, of course I also crochet, but I'm talking about the ones that won't come to the other (knit) side no matter what. Converting this group is extremely gratifying. Wahahaha. Good on you.

BEESTLYproducts said...

Yarn Bee? I kinda like the colorway. Good Job bringing her over to the darkside :-)

roxtarc said...

i've infected three... one of who infected another, it's so much fun sharing the addiction...