Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Who wouldn't love pink?

Okay, so there may be plenty of people who don't like pink.

But prolly not very many who wouldnt like to see a little girl pretty in pink. This was a super quick knit and it came out great (IMHO). Malabringo merino wool in Geranio. Size 8 DPN

I'm up to my ears in holiday knits. I wasn't planning on making hand knits for my husbands family as they were never intrested in my knitting before. Actually I can remember them politely asking what I was knitting and then completely ignore me when I explained what I was making. But they saw some of my FO's, and decided they too would like some. So I want to try to forgive and forget, but what should I make? Hats? Scarves? Coasters? Wash Cloths?And with what fibers? Would they actually hand or gentle cycle wash? Should I go with acrylic, nylon & cotton? They can take a beating in any washing machine. What to do! And I only have 12 days!
Happy Holidays everyone!

7 comments:

Lana said...

i love pink...and the hat and wee girl are so cute.

KatnZoey said...

omg that pic is so so so so so cute! i know how u feel, im tryin to jam all the christmas gifts into the last little time we got, and to top it all off, my sisters bday is on the 22, and i would like to make her a few things too, shes done so much for us this year!!!!! that hat is hella cute tho, and ur daughter is toooo cuuuuteeeeeeeeeee!!!! happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy Sundry said...

Cute hat!

I wouldn't knit for ungrateful people. A good rule of thumb is something fairly easy and basic. You don't want to waste your talents on people who think that it only takes a few seconds to whip something up.

said...

Hats + little girls = Super Cute!

Anyway, I agree, only knit them something if you feel up to it. If you have all your xmas knitting for the grateful people done then you can make them something. And I'd say only like a hat or something in acrylic. That way you're not wasting a lot of time and effort on something they will accidentally throw in the wash and RUIN!

sunneshine said...

What an adorable picture!! Such a smile!

I would say a hat or scarf, because they are quick and don't need to be washed much. They may gentle wash or not - watch what ever you give and see how much it is used and loved - I have given gifts I never thought would see the light of day and to my surprise, they have been well used. I hope that for you . . .

nana said...

Thanks for ideas (and the support). I'm going to raid my Red Heart stash and turn out some quick 2x2 rib hats. They're simple enough I think I can get 5 done in a few days.

Don't let the cute smile fool you, she's really a monster ;D

ShannonAnn said...

This may sound pessimistic, but I was in a fashionable retail outlet the other day and saw knit hats and scarves for $3 on sale. I had been considering hand-knitting for some family members, but realized then that if the only knits they are familiar with are selling for $3(!), these people would never appreciate the time and resources that go into a hand-knit. To an uneducated-about-knitting person, a hand-knit will seem like a cheap afterthought even though in reality, its the most valuable thing we knitters can give!