Monday, November 20, 2006


Hi everyone. I'm new to the group, though I have been reading everyone's posts for a few months now. So let me introduce myself. My name is Nana, which is short for Adriana. I am a stay at home mom of 1. I've been knitting for about a year and blogging for 1 month. I love music. Living in Austin, TX (the live music capital of the world) there is no shortage of shows to see. And the best part, most show are all ages. So on nice days I can pack up my chunky monkey go to The Park, a park, restaurant, club, coffee house or any # of music venues sit, knit, and enjoy a day with my husband and kid. The only place I won't take her is here though I have seen as young as 8 at those shows sporting mohawks and flipping the finger like no ones business. Those shows are reserved for me and my friends. My husband will go with sometimes but he's not really into seeing punk shows. He's received one too many bruises.

Right now I'm working on a smaller version of this for the afore mentioned chunky monkey who very recently turned 2. I'm knitting this in the round using Bernat's CottonTots in Grape Berry but I started the decreasing for the shoulders way too early and I didnt decrease rapidly enough so I'm currently ripping back a few rows. Any tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated. This is my first sweater and I choose this one cause i liked it and I'm not afraid of modifying a pattern for sizes not given. Give me the pattern repeat/chart and I take off, after swatching properly that is. And since the cables are in the center it was easy to adjust the pattern. Once I'm done I'll post what I did to modify it on my blog. I'm hoping to get it done so she can wear it on Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lana said...

My nickname as a child was "Nana." My real first name, Rilana, was hard for my sister to pronounce. So, she ended up calling me "Nana." She still calls me Nana and she's 30. Sad, yet true. Her kids call me "Tante Nana." LOL!

The mini-Marilyn looks so cute. I have been wanting to make the sweater for myself. I just don't have the appropriate yarn at the moment. Can't wait to see it finished.

nana said...

hehe! I introduce myself as Adriana then some one close to me will call me nana, then everyone starts to call me nana. I think it's easier to pronounce. So I gave up and started to just say my name is Nana. On the web though it doesnt translate though so I'm constantly asked if im a grandma. LOL!